Here’s a List of What You Can Do to Eliminate Allergens in Your New Home!
1. Cover your mattress and pillows with zip-on dust mite covers to help eliminate dust allergens so you can have a restful nights sleep. Amazon has a SureGuard Mattress Encasement that is not only hypoallergenic, but it’s also waterproof and bed bug proof!
2. Get rid of wall to wall carpet and padding, or hire a carpet cleaning service. Allergens such as dust, pollen, and pet dander cling to carpeting and are released into the air whenever you or your pet walk across it. 21st Century Chem-Dry carpet cleaning service is a locally owned company here in Denver that we here at Red Chair Realty use for our own homes and recommend to our clients.
3. Have two doormats at each entryway – one outside and one inside to help keep outdoor allergens from coming inside. Amazon sells antimicrobial treated doormats by Dr. Doormat that help trap allergens from coming into your home from the outside.
4. Get a vacuum cleaner that has a HEPA filter. They are specially made filters that help capture and trap tiny particles of allergens. Here is a list of the 2017 top HEPA filter vacuums.
5. Change the air filters on your heating and cooling systems every month. Tru Filtered Air sells top-rated air filters online that are delivered automatically to your front door as often as you’d like!
6. Have the air ducts professionally cleaned! Here is a list of the top air duct cleaning services in the Denver area.
7. Get rid of the drapes. Fabric on the windows can trap in more allergens causing you greater irritation. If you do not want to get rid of them, opt for machine-washable drapes that are easily kept dust free.
8. Minimize mold in your bathroom by regularly cleaning it and making sure to check and recaulk the sinks and tubs every year.
For more information and recommendations on how to remove or mitigate allergens in your home, call Red Chair Realty Advisors today!
303-761-3531 / email@example.com